About the box and how to Cook.
British Organic Oats (In all boxes this month):
It may be too hot for porridge, but overnight oats are a refreshing alternative and you have a recipe in your bonus book this month in your boxes. Have a look at our Oat smoothie Recipe below.
Other ideas to use your Oats:
- Oat muffins
- Make your own oat milk
Organic desiccated coconut (in all boxes this month):
Can be used for many different recipes both sweet and savory, check out our make your own coconut milk recipe below!
Here are some ideas how to use your this month:
- add into a fruit and nut bar.
- add to your overnight oats to add sweetness
- add to your cereal or granola
- Make some macaroons
- Add as a topping to curries
High in manganese – which plays a role in your energy metabolism.
Promotes the absorption of calcium
Helps regulate blood sugar levels
Popcorn kernels (in all boxes this month):
Dried Maize Kernels. see you bonus recipe card in your box!
Organic turmeric (in all boxes this month):
Turmeric is well known as one of the best natural supplements in existence. It works as an antioxidant and as an anti inflammatory, there are theories where there are links between inflammation and many western diseases. There are studies showing how turmeric can help to fight many diseases and also shown to help combat depression.
- Add it to tofu and make a scrambled tofu (scrambled egg alternative)
- Add as a seasoning to roast potatoes
- Season just about any dish with a pinch of turmeric
- Add to rice
- Pop a pinch into your smoothies
- Add to coconut milk (how about the one you made!) to make your own Golden milk!
- Sprinkle over your popcorn
- Add to your overnight oats
Pasta (in some boxes this month):
Cooks in 8-10 minutes.
Organic white basmati rice (in all boxes this month):
Rinse in cold water, Add 1 part rice to 3 parts water. Bring to the boil, simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
*Grown in Pakistan 100% Organic
British Organic wholegrain Quinoa (in some boxes this month): Ideal for salads and soups.
Rinse, cover with 1.5-2 parts water or stock for each 1 part quinoa, bring to the boil and simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes, the grains will absorb the water and grow to 2-3 times their normal size.
Your recipes for this month:
Each month we’ll send you 2-3 recipes to make use of the ingredients in your box. (look out for your bonus recipes in your boxes to)Make your own coconut milk:
It’s super easy to make use your own coconut milk,
you’ll need 50g of desiccated coconut
and 200ml of water.
how to make it:
- Heat your water in a pan or boil in the kettle
- Pour your coconut into a large bowl and pour over the heated water (just below boiling)
- Cover with a tea towel and leave until cooled
- put mixture for 1 minute through a high speed blender.
- Strain through a cheese cloth or unbleached cloth bag. squeeze out all the milk.
- store in the fridge for a maximum of 5 days (allow temp to come to room temperature before adding to fridge to prevent separation, if separation occurs gently shake the product)
if you want to make a more creamy version use less water eg 50g coconut 100g water.
Optional extras to make a sweeter versions you can use a 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
To make Golden milk add a teaspoon of Turmeric powder and heat the milk.
Why not add some fruit for a fruity coconut milk drink serve with ice perfect for a summers day!
Let us know what you come up with to use the coconut pulp, here are some ideas – https://delishably.com/food-industry/what-to-do-with-coconut-milk-pulp-5-simple-recipesOat Smoothie breakfast shake.
250ml of your favorite plant milk
Handful of berries (You can choose from strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or have a fruit mix (you can use frozen or fresh))
(optional) 1-2 teaspoons of desiccated coconut or coconut sugar to sweeten.
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, pour into a glass and serve.
Make sure if you make any of our recipes you share your work with us on Facebook, twitter or instagram, we’d love to see your photos and videos #goodfayregrains